Friday, 22 July 2011

10 years of San Lucas Nicaragua

At the end of June Fundación San Lucas Nicaragua celebrated its 10th Anniversay. Happily, this coincided with the completion of the new building up to a usable condition so the celebrations were combined with its inauguration.


Nuevo edificio: new building

I have to say that I am quite proud of this building, especially as it is the first that I have taken all the way through the construction process and feel is "mine"! So, I was even more proud when it was announced (by surprise) that I was to cut the ribbon to open the building. What a priviledge!

It seemed a fitting way to commemorate 10 years of San Lucas' work; to have a new space in which to undertake all the training that we do, to hold events and to develop new activities. It is also significant for the community of La Conquista that there is a community space with no political ties.

Here's hoping that it will be one of the cornerstones for the next ten years and more.


Official opening...cutting the ribbon

Plaque "Training Centre San Lucas: constructed to grow the spirit of knowledge and wisdom in every human being.
Work financed in collaboration with Luke Society, Partnership Ministry Team Luke Society, Christian Reformed Church Nicaragua, Toby Ministry, Latin Link y the Baglan Family
La Conquista Carazo Nicaragua 25 June 2011
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick Luke 9:2"

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for some information on San Lucas for a friend, and came upon your blog! I hope everything is going well, and hope you don't mind me sending this around :)
    Nora M-L

    ReplyDelete